Apply Sunscreen Generously
- Apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher at least 20 minutes before going outdoors.
Remember Easy-to-Miss Spots
- Remember to apply sunscreen to the back of your neck, lips, ears, feet, hands and exposed scalp.
Cover Up & Seek Shade
- Protect yourself by wearing a wide-brimmed hat, sunglasses, pants and a long-sleeve shirt when possible. Limit your time spent in direct sunlight, particularly during the hours of 10AM and 4PM, when UV light is the strongest.
Avoid Burning & Tanning
- Sunburns and tanning cause wrinkles and increase the risk of developing skin cancer, even in children.
Reapply All Day Long
- Reapply sunscreen, including water-resistant varieties, every 2 hours or after swimming or perspiring.
Wear Sunscreen Every Day
- Damaging UV rays can pass through clouds and are reflected off of water, sand, snow and even concrete. UVA rays even pass through glass windows and are the main cause of premature aging. Apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen to exposed skin, especially your hands and face, every day!
- Certain medications can increase sun sensitivity. Ask your Weis Pharmacist about your medications and if they make you more sensitive to the sun.
Powered by Facebook Comments