Turmeric has become more popular lately because of its touted health benefits. It contains curcumin, and when you hear about the benefits of turmeric you are mostly likely hearing about the benefits of curcumin, which may have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Since turmeric has such a strong flavor you might be wondering how to incorporate it into your meals and snacks. Here are three simple ideas:
- Avocado Toast
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice and a few dashes of turmeric and crushed red pepper to mashed avocado; then spread on whole grain toast.
- Creamy Turmeric Dip (recipe courtesy of McCormick)
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt, 1 tablespoon low-fat milk, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Serve with veggie sticks and whole grain pita chips.
- Roasted Veggies
- Mix equal parts turmeric, cinnamon and cocoa powder then sprinkle on veggies along with a drizzle of oil and roast at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Turmeric pairs will with orange foods like sweet potatoes, butternut squash, acorn squash, pumpkin and carrots.
Which one will you try?
Powered by Facebook Comments